Learn how to avoid the abundance of inevitable problems you’ll come up against when your gardening. From pests, weeds and general issues, we’ve got you covered with our extensive guides and recommended products.
Springtails are tiny insects that love a moist environment. Thus, they’re mostly found in mulch, compost and damp areas in your yard. But, they can also inhabit your home. Although these critters are not harmful to humans, pets or plants, they can become a nuisance if found in large numbers.
Peppermint plants, like many other mint plant varieties, are not safe for cats. The essential oils that these plants contain are toxic to cats but also dogs and horses. Cats are independent creatures that can find their way into the most unlikely nooks and crannies. That is why it is
An outdoor mosquito repellent system lets you enjoy the warm weather on your patio or backyard, without the disturbance of flying pests. Both attractant traps and mosquito repellers are excellent gadgets for keeping the immediate space around you mosquito-free, and they’re essential! At Grow Your Yard, we are big fans
We are all terrified of underwatering our plants. No one wants to be the person who kills their plants by neglecting them. Underwatering, however, is not the most common cause of plant death; overwatering is! It should take about a week for your plant to recover from overwatering. However, exactly
During the summer months, we all enjoy a bit of yard work, and with that, comes the inevitable battle with the yearly weeds. There are hundreds of weed killing products out there, but one of the most popular is Roundup. To dispose of Roundup, there may be a tendency to
Wandering jew is a midly toxic plant for cats and other pets. Although it is generally not life-threatening, cats that consume the sap of wandering jew plants can experience skin irritation and bowel irritations causing vomiting or diarrhea. Having plants and pets in the same house makes you wonder whether
Botrytis cinerea, also known as grey mold, is generally not dangerous to humans but it could cause a respiratory allergic reaction in some. The allergic reaction is also referred to as ‘winegrower’s lung’ which is a type of hypersensitivity pneumonitis. This type of mold is most common plants and many
Spider mites can come inside the house via anything or anyone that has been outdoors because they are extremely small and lightweight critters. They could have been brought in on a new plant, on the fur of your pet, on your clothing or simply flew inside with a breeze. These