Gardening tools can be rather overwhelming, with so many different functions and brands to choose from that we aren’t surprised that you have questions!
Today, we are going to dive into one particular brand: Ryobi.
We are going to ask all your questions about the nitty gritty of operating their equipment as well as comparing it to other brands to see how they stack up.
Now, without further ado, let’s get into the questions!
Ryobi vs. Milwaukee
Ryobi is a brand that is predominantly known for making cordless power tools that are robust enough to withstand DIY-level use. They are great for buying good-quality tools on a budget.
Milwaukee, on the other hand, has a range of products that are mainly marketed to professionals. This means their tools can easily withstand heavy-duty, everyday use without a hitch. This means that they are more costly than Ryobi.
Ryobi vs. Makita
If you’ve spent any time in a hardware store, then you have very likely seen these two brands side by side.
The main difference between these two brands is the target markets. Makita is a brand that is predominantly used by professionals, while Ryobi is more likely to be used by homeowners.
This comes along with a price hike as the tools are more high-end from Makita. This by no means that Ryobi is a poor quality brand; it just has slightly different applications and uses frequency.
Ryobi vs. Dewalt
Ryobi is a brand that is championed by at-home tool users. They have a great range of products that are long-lasting if treated correctly. Dewalt is a brand that is focused on industry professionals and provides products that can handle consistent use in a variety of settings.
The significant difference between these two brands is that Ryobi costs about half of what Dewalt products cost. This makes them a brand that is accessible to those who are just starting their DIY journey.
How Long Does a Ryobi Mower Last?
In general, a Ryobi mower can last years if it is well maintained and all damaged parts are replaced when they wear out.
All the Ryobi mowers come with a five-year warranty, while the battery has a three-year warranty. Outside of this time frame, the lifespan of the mower will hinge significantly on how often you use it and how roughly it is handled.
Why Does My Ryobi Mower Keep Shutting Off?
Ultimately it comes down to the built-in safety switches that are present on your mower.
The three safety switches are a button on the handle, the on/off handle, and the body of the mower between the side and where the handle connects. The first two are very easy to check if they are engaged, so check those before moving to the third switch.
To engage the third switch, first check if the handle of the lawn mower is tightly screwed on. If this is loose it will trip the safety switch. To fix this, simply tighten the handle on both sides.
How to Put a Bag on a Ryobi Lawn Mower
Luckily, it is really easy to connect your bag to the Ryobi mower because the mouth of the bag is designed precisely for it.
Simply remove the back panel, hold the bag hooks upwards and bring it between the handle of the mower. Slot the metal hooks into gaps at the top of the mower and lower the bottom. The bag should fall into place and not move while you are operating the mower.
How Long Does the Ryobi 18V Battery Last?
The lifespan of an 18V Ryobi battery is 4-5 years of consistent use and appropriate charging practices. Tools like power drills may have a shorter lifespan than other tools.
A fully charged battery last 2-3 hours of use.
How Long Does the Ryobi 40V Battery Last?
This battery lasts approximately 2000 charge cycles if fully drained and recharged each time. This can be the equivalent of 5 years of use.
A fully charged battery will last 50 minutes of use.
Why Does my Ryobi Battery Not Charge?
These are the three steps to try to get your Ryobi battery to charge.
- Check that the environment is not too hot or too cold, the ideal temperature for charging is between 41 and 113 F.
- Clean the charger terminals on the battery and the charger with a dry cloth. Make sure the charger is unplugged when you do this.
- If those two don’t work, the battery might be in sleep mode. To fix this, perform 30 minutes of mini charges by slotting the battery into the charger for a few seconds and removing it before the light flashes. Continue until the battery has been revived.
How Long Does a Ryobi Battery Take to Charge?
If you are using the latest Ryobi ONE+ battery system and you are using the appropriate ONE+ 1.5A charger then an 18V battery will charge in 45 minutes.
How to Change the Blade on a Ryobi Miter Saw
Follow these steps carefully to change your Ryobi miter saw blade:
- Unplug the miter saw and raise it to its highest level.
- Loosen the blade bolt cover screw
- Rotate the blade guard up and back to expose the blade
- Press the spindle lock button, loosen the blade bolt and remove it
- Remove the outer blade washer only
- Remove the old blade and dispose of it carefully
- Oil the inner and outer blade washers
- Insert the new blade, teeth downwards
- Replace the outer blade washers
- Depress the spindle lock button and replace the bolt tightly
- Replace the blade guard and blade cover bolt and tighten them
- Raise and lower the blade to ensure that it is firmly in place.
How to Unlock a Ryobi Miter Saw
To unlock your Ryobi miter saw, go to the back of the saw and move the bag out of the way. Grasp the lock pin on the right side of the saw arm and push down onto the saw arm to loosen the pivot joint. Pull out the lock pin and release the saw arm gently.
To relock, push down the saw arm and slide the bolt back across.
How Much Oil Does a Ryobi 2300 Generator Take?
The Ryobi generator takes 250ml of oil. We recommend using SAE 15W-40.
How to Restring a Ryobi Weed Eater
Restringing a weed eater might seem overwhelming, but all you need to do is follow these simple steps to restring it at home:
- Turn the weed eater upside down.
- Depress the pivot points on either side of the head to pop the cap off the top. It should come off easily as it is spring-loaded.
- Remove the inner section where the line is going to be housed.
- Measure out two arm lengths of line
- Insert the line through the hole in the side and pull all the way through until the ends on either side of the coil are even
- Grab the ends so that they remain untangled and even in length
- Feed one on each side of the line into the coil and wind them all the way on. Hold the ends tightly, so it doesn’t unravel.
- Go back to the weed eater and feed a piece of line into each of the eyelets on either side of the head.
- Replace the coil and click the top back into place.
How to Start a Ryobi Pressure Washer
Firstly, turn the stop switch on, then grasp the starter grip. Pull until you feel resistance. Holding the washer firmly in place, pull the handle in a quick, sharp motion until the engine starts up.
How to Reset a Ryobi Garage Door Opener
If you have a Ryobi electric garage door opener, it may need resetting once in a while.
Follow these steps and pay close attention to the timings involved.
- Pull down the panel on the indoor receiver to reveal the buttons
- Hold down the circuit breaker for 10 seconds
- Unplug the power for 20 seconds
- Hold down the indoor receiver button for 3 seconds until the LED flashes
- Press the indoor receiver one more time until the LED flashes
- Hold down the left side of the remote and hit it twice more, and it should work.
Ryobi is a popular brand for a reason. They are reliable and supply a large variety of products to suit all your gardening needs.
We hope all your Ryobi questions have been answered and that this guide has encouraged you to check out Ryobi the next time you’re in the market for a new tool